Omahu Valley Citrus
OMAHU VALLEY CITRUS
“Truly Fresh and natural flavours”
- National and international award winners
- Citrus based products with no artificial ingredients.
- Citrus fruit and products grown and made at Omahu Valley Farm at the base of the Coromandel Peninsula.
- Artisan business owned and operated by the Marriott family.
- Omahu Valley Citrus is a small and unique business, claiming “International Gold and Silver Awards” for their marmalades. Also in 2015 our Orange and Apricot Chutney proudly won a Cuisine Artisan Award.
- Our farm and 850 citrus tree orchard is sited at the base of the Coromandel Peninsula, 18 km south of Thames. Omahu Valley Citrus is solely worked by Simon and Caroline Marriott, who carry out the planting, picking, cooking, management and marketing of the business. Alongside the orchard we run a Suffolk sheep stud and raise a few beef calves.
- We produce a range of 26 citrus based varieties of marmalades, chutneys, cordials, vinaigrettes, seasonings and more, as well as two citrus fragrances. All recipes have been created by the family.
All products are preservative free and have no artificial flavourings. Everything is made in small batches with a desire for the “hands on” and “home made with love” of each jar produced, keeping quality as the main objective. Where feasible we use all our own fruit and recipes are designed around the available citrus, herbs and fruit of the current season. The marmalades and chutneys are made in traditional preserving pans, practising a slow cooking method, to allow for maximum softening of the fruit, and a fusion of the natural citrus flavours with the other ingredients.
Telephone: 07 868 1274
Omahu Valley Farm
146 Omahu Valley Road
RD 4, Paeroa 3674